Friday, June 29, 2012

It's almost fair time, part 2

Less than a month to the Fayette County (PA) Fair and I'm almost done. I say almost because I'm still working on a sweater that may or may not get finished. It's a woman's Aran sweater from an old Bernat pamphlet that I've modified to be worked in one piece in the round. I also changed one of the cables that I just didn't like. I haven't reached the underams yet nor made the sleeves, so it's going to be close.

I'm only entering about half of what I had been entering in the past few years. Just didn't  have the desire this year to make baby things or knitted doilies or something for St. Patrick's Day. We'll just have to see how things play out this year with my entries. As usual, there are some I think should win, and probably won't, and some I think are OK which will probably get blue ribbons (I hope). In any event, I get to grouse and gloat while checking out all the other entries.

Here's what I've collected since 2004. There should be another Grand Champion purple ribbon, but for the first year that I won, I didn't know where to pick it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment