Thursday, June 28, 2012

It's almost fair time

Aran Sweater Barbie
Every year since 2004, I've entered the Fayette County(PA) Fair. I enjoy seeing how my projects compare with other people's. Sometimes, an entry I think can't miss doesn't even place fourth, like this Barbie entered in the Doll Clothes category. The picture doesn't show her kilt or knitted knee socks , which I made using #10 crochet thread and size 000 needles.  But no ribbon of any color. I'm often not sure what the judges are looking for, so I just make what I like.
Same outfit, just bigger
And because I like Aran sweaters and kilts,the next year, I entered a bigger doll with essentially the same outfit: crocheted hat, cabled sweater, kilt, knee socks. I guess bigger is better, as this doll outfit won a blue ribbon.

I'm going with baby doll clothes this year: knitted sweater and leggings, crocheted hat and booties. It's done, just needs to be photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment