Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Big Lots has yarn, part 2

Here's the socks I made from the yarn that someone on Ravelry declared "I had that exact same yarn but mine wasn't wool" because, as we all know, monitors reproduce colors so accurately that she could tell hers was exactly the same, not to mention how frequently yarn companies produce the same colorway in two yarn fiber types (Noro does, I think, but not many others). Oh, and then that yarn is sold in western PA and out west (Wyoming or Montana, I'm not sure) in Big Lots. And it just so happens that the one person who is arguing that Big Lots doesn't sell wool yarns also just happens to be that one person who bought that yarn. Believable? Not to me.

I made one pair from Cookie A.'s Monkey sock pattern from knitty and the second pair from a pattern I downloaded when it was free: An Easier heel by Helena Bristow.

No comments:

Post a Comment