Thursday, August 23, 2012

More fair funnies

As I was picking up my Red Heart Super Saver Ripple afghan, my pineapple doily, and my pastel acrylic baby sweater, one of the ladies at the needlework area said "Thank God you entered something other than what those Wollmeise wannabes and Malabrigo mavens made." Of course, that didn't happen but I am supposed to believe that people were complimented on the fact that they didn't make any of above mentioned items.

I mean, we all know that because even the crappiest wool sweater is so much better than the best acrylic sweater that the acrylic sweaters should have to be judged separately. Like an Old Testament woman on her menses, they're unclean and should not be allowed near the precious natural fibers.

Also, why don't we attach the price tag, sales slip, or gift check receipt with our fair projects? That way, if the judges have any question about which entry is deserving of a blue ribbon, they can see how much you paid. We all know more expensive yarn automatically makes your knitting better.



No comments:

Post a Comment